City councillor Johann-Anton Kemper owner of the "Hotel zur Post", announced that he would open a company for the production of hinges together with his younger brother Eduard and by doing so creating new jobs.
In 1899 Gebr. Kemper bought the premises of Rüblinghauser Hütte. The company planned to set up a copper rolling mill for the production of bars, sheets and wires out of brass and phosphorous bronze.
In addition to the rolling mill, a complete copper mill with refining plant was built up in the Rüblinghauser Works.
Relocation of the company from the centre of Olpe to a new industrial estate in the valley of the Bigge - our today´s site.
KEMPER - innovative, high-performance, conglomerate-independentand family owned.
Through all the times Kemper has been investing strategically in state of the art technology.
KEMPER - A well known partner worldwide
The activities of Kemper and its 700 employees nowadays are based on three business units which have always been decisive for the company´s success.
Gunmetal and stainless steel valves for sanitary engineering have an outstanding reputation in the sector. Cast products, whether as unfinished or finished products, were and today still are the company's backbone. With rolled belts made of copper and copper alloys along with special alloys, KEMPER is treading the path into the high-tech future for the automotive and electrical industry.