FK-5 break tank station
Fluid category 5 with the strictest requirements
Drinking water must always be secured against mixing with non-potable water. Depending on the level of risk, fluids are divided into categories from 1 to 5. Fluids of category 5 represent a significant risk to human health. They may contain microbial or viral pathogens of infectious diseases, and must therefore never come into contact with drinking water – not even in the smallest quantities. BS EN 1717 therefore sets the highest standards for the safety equipment to be used, with the mandatory separation of these fluids from the drinking water system.
The following applications show examples of danger zones for fluid category 5.
powerful – comfortable – standard-compliant
The type AB drain integrated in the FK-5 break tank station provides protection against non-potable water of fluid category 5 in accordance with DIN EN 1717 / DIN 1988-100
The controller of the FK-5 break tank station is equipped with a touch screen for comfortable operation.
With its two pump sizes, the FK-5 break tank station covers a broad performance spectrum. No matter whether a large head has to be overcome or a high volume flow has to be provided – despite its compact dimensions, impressive performance values are possible.
Advantages at a glance
- High performance: maximum flow rate 7 m³/h
- Support for drinking water hygiene by means of programmable flushing cycles of cold water feed pipe
- integrated tank cleaning program
- Operating time control by means of a weekly program
- Control of an external metering or submersible pump
- Reading of consumption and operating data using USB port
- Output of a fault signal to BMS