KEMPER FK-4 Backflow preventer BA discharge valve
For secure compliance with the requirements in DIN EN 1717 and DIN 1988 Part 100 up to Fluid Category 4
For assembly in new buildings and for replacement of unsuitable tap valves in existing ones
The KEMPER FK-4 for securing the drinking water installation up to Fluid Category 4 is manufactured from the corrosion-resistant, durable and proven material gunmetal. The quick replacement of unsuitable discharge valves is simplified by using the same thread dimension. The KEMPER FK-4 is available in the nominal widths DN 15, 20, 25 and 50. In the sizes DN 15 and DN 20, the KEMPER FK-4 is supplied with a non-rising stems and closed, black operating handle. In the sizes DN 25 and DN 50, the KEMPER FK-4 comes equipped with a brown handwheel. Applications: Domestic area, industry, trade, agriculture and commercial horticulture
Advantages at a glance
- Made of proven gunmetal quality
- With stop before the protection cartridge which means no water can leak during pressure fluctuations
- Perfectly suited for fast replacement of unsuitable tap valves in inventory
- With integrated dirt trap
- High flow rate
- With wastewater connection compliant with normative defaults
- Maintenance facility with additional adapter using the KEMPER differential pressure measuring case Figure 360 99 001
Background information from standards and decrees,
TrinkwV 2001 (Water Quality Regulation), Edition 2011, valid since 01/11/2011:
In § 17 "Requirements placed on systems for the extraction, treatment or distribution of drinking water" it is stated: (6) Water supply facilities which deliver drinking water must not be connected without the generally accepted codes of practice-compliant safeguards to water conducting parts ... which is not intended for human consumption as stipulated by § 3 Number 1.
§ 15 AVBWasserV
(1) Equipment and consumption facilities are to be operated in such a manner that interference with other customers, disturbing repercussions in water supply company equipment and third parties, along with repercussions on the quality of the drinking water are impossible.
Through the consequent single-connection of the hoses using the KEMPER FK-4 Backflow preventer Discharge valve BA, the municipal water network and all consumers are correctly protected. Laws, decrees, standards and directives are complied with.